- The Federal System in Germany
- The German Federal Election 2021 – An Outlook
- The Quality of Democracy: Trends and Issues in German Politics
- The Constitutional Court and Politics in Germany
- Covid-19 and Its Impact on Democracy
- German Foreign Policy
- The Role of Germany in World Politics
- Germany in the European Union
- Prof. Dr. Michael Becker, University of Würzburg
- Philipp Gieg, University of Würzburg
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Lauth, University of Würzburg
- Dr. Thomas Leuerer, University of Würzburg
- Prof. Dr. Hanns W. Maull, German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP)
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Merkel, Berlin Social Science Center (WZB)
- Dr. Christoph Mohamad-Klotzbach, University of Würzburg
- Prof. Dr. Gisela Müller-Brandeck-Bocquet, University of Würzburg
- Dr. Carolin Rüger, University of Würzburg
- Dr. Manuela Scheuermann, University of Würzburg
By the end of the course, students should be able to critically analyse contemporary German politics, have a solid foundation of knowledge about institutional and constitutional structures and constructively engage in academic discourse on German issues.
Classes will include lectures, group discussions and activities allowing students to participate and engage in course activities. You will work, among others, with Professor Hans-Joachim Lauth (Chair of Comparative Political Science and Government), Professor Gisela Müller-Brandeck-Bocquet (European Studies and International Relations) and Professor Michael Becker (Political Philosophy and German Politics).
Participants will also get a chance to discuss course contents with political representatives and/or political practitioners.
With your admission to the summer module course, you will be granted access to a digital classroom where you can find texts for preparation, further instructions, and additional readings.
The summer module course takes place from 10 AM (UTC+2) to 3 PM (UTC+2). It includes two optional cultural events and get-togethers in the evening. Please inform yourself in advance about the time difference to your home country: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/