The Chair of Internatonal Relations and European Studies works on issues of global governance, international crisis management, and the conditions under which international cooperation takes place. We particularly focus on European Integration and European external affairs. In research and teaching we focus on the following:
- International relations and European integration: theories and methods
- Multilevel governance and global democracy
- Global North-South and South-South relations
- European integration and the foreign affairs of the European Union
- Statebuilding, democracy promotion, development cooperation
- Causes and Consequences of conflict and international crisis management
- Autocracies in international relations
We combine qualitative and quantitative research method to innovatively investigate highly relevant empirical puzzles. We particularly, but not exclusively look upon transitioning, fragile, and post-conflict societies in Europe, Asia, and Africa and their role in the world.
More about the chair and its research projects, for example the Horizon Europe funded collaborative research project EMBRACE, that the chair co-coordinates, further events and its teaching can be found on this webpage.